rubysbooks

Lies Beneath
Anne Greenwood Brown
Dark Passage
M.L. Woolley
Death Turns a Trick (A Rebecca Schwartz Mystery)
Julie Smith

Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (Book 2)

Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets - J.K. Rowling, Mary GrandPré I only have two books left from my Harry Potter reading marathon, so I thought I'd rush a little bit with the reviews. I'm discovering some interesting details, remembering other stuff that I'd forgotten. One thing I loved about this second book was the fact that we get more details about the mystery that is Hogwarts. Hogwarts is full of secrets and the idea of hidden rooms and ancient monsters hidden inside the castle intrigued me a lot. I would be the happiest person alive if Ms. Rowling would write "Hogwarts - A History", because the castle in itself has so much history and magic inside it, that it would be a shame not to dwell a little bit on that.I also liked to see how the friendship between Harry, Ron and Hermione grows and strengthens. It's the story of a friendship that is very rare, the type of friendship that you come across once or twice in a lifetime.I also liked the idea of introducing a young Voldemort into the picture. It also leaves a lot of questions that need answers, so the mystery behind the Dark Lord is growing. I loved the idea of speaking with snakes.