rubysbooks

Lies Beneath
Anne Greenwood Brown
Dark Passage
M.L. Woolley
Death Turns a Trick (A Rebecca Schwartz Mystery)
Julie Smith

The Iron Daughter (Iron Fey Series #2)

The Iron Daughter - Julie Kagawa Originally posted at Ruby's Books3.5 starsThe second book of The Iron Fey series started well. Meghan is taken to the winter court by the boy she loves and then he leaves without even a parting word. As any other normal girl, she's angry and hurt. I think she needed to get to the winter fey's court, because I really believe she needs to toughen up. She spends some time at the court, without any true friends or allies, and then Ash comes back. At this point I'm expecting her to do something about that when she first sees him after being left all alone to protect herself from the bad fey people. Well, okay, maybe not the first time, because she wasn't exactly herself. But the second time. I felt that her reaction was too mild. And while I understand his reasons for leaving, I wanted her to show how angry and betrayed she felt. I don't know how, scream, hit something, curse, break things, anything. But no. She cries.Anyway, after they escape the winter court, they reunite with Puck and all is well for a while. Puck!! While I have to be honest and say that I am on Team Ash, I was glad to see Puck. He manages to make you laugh in the most weird, terrible moments, when all you want to do is sit in a small, dark cave and weep. He has his secrets, like any other person, but he's a good character.Here's where things didn't work out for me anymore. Remember when I told you that the first book ended too fast, too soon, way too easy? The same thing happened with this book. I won't get into details, because I can't without giving some spoilers, but there was an incident with Ash that was dealt with in a matter of only a few chapters and because of that, I didn't feel as though it was as tragic or dramatic as it appeared to be.I'm honestly waiting for the wow element to kick in, for me to be swept away by this series. Maybe next book?