rubysbooks

Lies Beneath
Anne Greenwood Brown
Dark Passage
M.L. Woolley
Death Turns a Trick (A Rebecca Schwartz Mystery)
Julie Smith

Nantucket Blue

Nantucket Blue - Leila Howland Originally published at Ruby's BooksWhen I first saw this book on Goodreads I thought "Man, I miss summer!" It took me a while to look at anything else besides the blue sea in the background or sand. It's true, the cover caught my eye. The story though, it made me fall in love.Cricket reminded me of being a teenager (yes, it was a bit awkward, 'cause I was an awkward teen :P). It was all there: the endless conversations about the boy you're having a crush on, the plans you make for the future with your BFF, passing notes to one another or caring so much for your friend, you'd do anything and everything for them (even though maybe they don't need/want your help). I honestly couldn't help loving Cricket. She's honest, she's true, she's a loyal friend and she does the things you'd want any teenager to do. And if you take the Cricket from the end of the book and the girl we meet in the first pages, you can see she grew up a lot during the summer.Some things that happened were a little predictable, but I think it was done beautifully. I loved the story about Cricket's mom and her life in Nantucket. It was very interesting and I think it helped Cricket understand her mother a lot more.Yes, Nantucket Blue is a book about those famous summer loves, about friendship, growing up, finding out what really matters and what is or isn't important. It's about all that and more. But it's also about something much more important, about owning your mistakes and facing your fears. It's a very beautiful story and I enjoyed it very, very much.