rubysbooks

Lies Beneath
Anne Greenwood Brown
Dark Passage
M.L. Woolley
Death Turns a Trick (A Rebecca Schwartz Mystery)
Julie Smith

Lover Reborn (Black Dagger Brotherhood Series #10)

Lover Reborn - J.R Ward The wait is finally over! I'm happy Tohr gets a second chance and I have to say, I was actually impressed. I had doubts and some of my feelings haven't changed, but I think it turned out good. Attention! If you haven't read the book and you don't want even the tiniest spoiler, don't read further! First of all, I believe Lover Reborn is better than Lover Unleashed. There wasn't a question as to who's book was it really, I knew it was Tohr and No'One's and even thought there were a lot of subplots, they didn't take up too much space. Second, we get to see Lassiter a lot more and I have to say, I love that angel.I have to be honest here. The moment I heard that No'One was going to be Tohr's HEA I thought there was no way it would work out. While I don't agree with No'One's actions in the past, I get from where she's coming and I understand her reasoning. I do believe she needed a full male, one that would love her and only her, but then again, she seemed happy and truly in love with Tohr. So maybe my fears, worries and doubts have no real base left. I was genuinely surprised by their relationship, pleasantly so.As for the subplots, there was one that bothered me a lot. I saw a video on Ward's Facebook profile in which she explained the John/Xhex subplot a little and half of it I understood and I accepted. I mean, yes, I do know that it's not all rainbows and unicorns and that even fictional couples have fights. But at the end of the book I was expecting... more. I was waiting for the sun to be up in the sky once more and while they seemed to be happy again, I needed the certainty. And maybe this is going to sound a little paranoid, but I'm actually a little afraid now for the other couples as well. While I love learning about the earlier couples that I loved and cried and laughed with, (in all of the series I read, not just the BDB), I like knowing that even if they have a fight, at the end of the day the kiss and make up. I'm wondering if all the Brothers will go through similar phases like John and Xhex. But maybe that's just me.I was waiting for more Qhuay action. And I'm probably the only one that's hoping Layla plays a big part in their HEA (read: I hope they become a permanent threesome!!). I really do. My heart broke for Layla, again. With each book it seems she's getting more hits and I'm sad, because I truly like her.Xcor...I don't have much to say about him, except to wish him a quick death. I hate him. I really do. And I found myself wishing for a new, meaner boss for the lessers to come and overshadow Xcor. I know some readers might like him, but I'd rather miss the lessers.Then there's a new vampire in town, one who I think has a lot of cards up his sleeves. I got a feeling he'll be a major player in the next books and I'm anxious to see what he's capable of.All in all it was a good book. Not the best, but close. I'm now waiting for the news on who's next in the BDB world to get his/her story written (I'm hoping Qhuay).