rubysbooks

Lies Beneath
Anne Greenwood Brown
Dark Passage
M.L. Woolley
Death Turns a Trick (A Rebecca Schwartz Mystery)
Julie Smith

To Command and Collar (Masters of the Shadowlands 6)

To Command and Collar - Cherise Sinclair Originally published here I am very happy that another book from this wonderful series was published. I'm also very happy it was this story, with these characters. When I read about Kimberly in Make Me, Sir, my heart broke and I'm sure I wasn't the only one wishing she'd be saved. I have to admit that when I saw the blurb and excerpt on Ms. Sinclair's website, I squealed *blush*. I did that a lot.This book picks up the story of the slave traffickers that Make Me, Sir started. Master Raoul volunteers to help catch the bad guys, all the while trying to find Kimberly, Gabi's best friend. So when Raoul sees her, he risks everything to get her out of the hell she's being kept in.Raoul is the type of character I love most. He's a very complex character: he can be soft, sweet and sensitive when he needs to be, but he can also be dangerous and lethal. He's very generous, patient, smart. Of course, he has his moments when you just want to shake him, but I think it's what makes him seem real, just like every other characters in this series. He's not perfect, he makes mistakes but he tries to make up for them.Kimberly is another wonderful character. She's been through so much since she's been kidnapped. And you can see that she's a very strong person, because she's trying really hard to overcome her fears. Not only that, but she manages to differentiate between a healthy, happy relationship and the horrors she's been through. She's also very generous herself and she tries to repay Raoul by helping his family understand some details about his life.I loved this story. Not only does Kimberly get saved, we also get a longer scene with Master Sam and a very hot scene with the two FBI agents, Kouros and Buchanan. I find myself in a very difficult situation: should I hope for Sam's story first or for our agents? I have no idea what comes next, but I do know I can't wait for another story in this amazing series.