rubysbooks

Lies Beneath
Anne Greenwood Brown
Dark Passage
M.L. Woolley
Death Turns a Trick (A Rebecca Schwartz Mystery)
Julie Smith

Cinder (The Lunar Chronicles Series #1)

Cinder (The Lunar Chronicles Series #1) - Also on: Ruby's BooksRating: 3.5 starsI have to admit that for once I have no idea how to start this review. I mean, the book was very surprising for me. To start, I must be honest: I have no clue what the difference between a cyborg and an android is *sheepish* Not even the tinniest clue, so I was a little lost at times. I guess if I think about it really hard, I suppose androids are just robots and cyborgs are former humans? *shakes head* I think I'll leave it here, or I risk making a fool of myself LOLI liked Cinder. She was a very like-able character. I liked her sense of humor and her sarcasm. What I liked though was that it was very easy to forget she was "special" or a cyborg. Also, I loved how she could detect lies. I could use that tool, actually :D I wanted to hit something when her stepmother gave her to the scientists.I also liked that you don't get your usual fairy tale retelling. Things are a bit different here: she is friends with one of her stepsisters, she has a sidekick, she is a well-known mechanic and a lot of other little changes that make the story unique. Oh, I loved her sidekick, Iko. I actually like the idea of a best friend that knows everything. (Could be useful during exams too)Also, I loved the prince. He was different than what I expected. Good different, not bad ;)I have to say that I was disappointed by the ending. I mean, yes, I know it's a series that's focused on Cinder and on her journey, but I wanted to see at least one issue resolved. I mean, anything. Her escape or her relationship with the emperor resolved, anything.Also, there were some elements that where familiar. I don't know if anyone else made this connection, but I felt as though I was reading a new book and watching Sailor Moon at the same time. I'm not saying the book and the TV show are identical, just that some elements reminded me about that show, a show that I loved as a child.The story was a little predictable at times, but the writing style (which I loved, might I add) kept me reading and wanting to know how the story unfolds.In the end, I liked the book. It was a very interesting story and a cool start for a series. I am curious to see how Cinder's journey continues and what will happen next and what other fairy tales will be retold throughout the series.