rubysbooks

Lies Beneath
Anne Greenwood Brown
Dark Passage
M.L. Woolley
Death Turns a Trick (A Rebecca Schwartz Mystery)
Julie Smith

Mad World: Epidemic: 1

Mad World: Epidemic - Samaire Provost Wow! What a way to start this year! First, let me start by saying that this was the very first book I have ever read that is entirely filled with zombies and ONLY zombies. No other supernatural creatures. Go ahead, gasp in horror, I'll wait. :P *clears throat*The first thing that I loved about this book is that the action starts right away. It doesn't run around in circles for ages before the story starts. It throws you right in the middle of everything and it takes you along for the ride. I loved that. It's been a while since I've read a book that manages to do that and keep me interested.Another thing that I loved was that, while I thought things were very unfair at some point, the plague doesn't forgive anyone. Even if it's a loved character or a strong character, or a character you might hate. It doesn't matter. Everyone is vulnerable and it can happen at any time. I think that also helps showing how deadly this virus really is and it shows how painful it can become to see that the ones you love are in danger. It kept me on my toes, because I can never realize who's going to be next. One minute I'm thinking a certain character is safe and healthy and then in the next page he/she turns into a zombie. I loved that.I like Alyssa. I like that she's mature enough to know and accept the fact that sometimes you have to do some things you don't like in order to survive in a situation like in the book. I'm only hoping that she and the others survive this whole thing.I can't say enough about this book. I loved it enough to stay awake the entire night and read it. I actually want to go read the next one, Mad World: SANCTUARY, now. So, if you like zombies, go ahead and read this book. You won't be sorry!