rubysbooks

Lies Beneath
Anne Greenwood Brown
Dark Passage
M.L. Woolley
Death Turns a Trick (A Rebecca Schwartz Mystery)
Julie Smith

A Feast of Souls (Araneae Nation) , Book Two: Araneae Nation Series, Book 2

A Feast of Souls - Hailey Edwards I loved this book. So, so much. For me, it was one of those situations when I look at the clock and it's about 10 pm and I say to myself "Okay, I'll read a few chapters. No more than 4". And then read and read and when I look at the clock again I have one of those "oh, crap" moments because it's about 3 am and I have to wake up in about 4 hours and, surprise, I'm way past the first half of the book. Though it might not sound like it, I really love it when a book does that to me, 'cause then it means it's that good :DI liked Vaughn a lot. I have no idea what is it about arrogant, strong heroes, but I just love them. Vaughn is such a strong character. Strong enough that even the mention of his name commands attention. He's had a rough past and at times I just felt the need to get inside the book and give him a hug. A big bear hug. I liked his strength and his dedication towards doing what was right. I also liked how he believed and respected what Mana was doing, her ability to talk with the dead. I think it made him even more perfect for Mana, the fact that he respected it and that he didn't try to make it sound like some hallucination or something like that.Mana is one cool heroine. Just the fact that she can spirit walk makes her cool. And she's good for Vaughn. She made him a better person and I felt like for the first time Vaughn was trying to be better for someone. I really liked those two together. And I liked their flirting and teasing. As with A Hint of Frost, I liked the fact that there isn't an abundance of descriptions, because I could use my own imagination to create some of the aspects of the world. I also liked that there's a little mystery surrounding the plague and where it comes from. I'm very curious to see what happens next and about the various new creatures there are in this world. I'm ready for book 3.So if you haven't yet read the first book of the series, A Hint Of Frost, start now. You won't be disappointed!