rubysbooks

Lies Beneath
Anne Greenwood Brown
Dark Passage
M.L. Woolley
Death Turns a Trick (A Rebecca Schwartz Mystery)
Julie Smith

A Hint of Frost: Araneae Nation: Araneae Nation Series, Book 1

A Hint of Frost - Hailey Edwards I have to start by saying that it took me a while to look at anything other than that amazing cover. You do know I have a thing for pretty covers, right? Well, anyway, I was obsessed (still am, but that's another story!) with that cover. And if you think the cover is great, wait till you read the book and you'll see that there is something better than just "great".It was so cool to see fanged creatures that aren't vampires. While I will never be able to get over my love for vampires, I sometimes feel the need for something new, fresh. It was such an amazing experience to read about these characters with spider traits. I loved them so, so much. Not the real-life spiders though, mind you! o.OI loved the world too. And I loved the fact that there weren't so many descriptions. While I am one of those readers, the ones that don't get bored while reading loooooooong descriptions, I love the books that give me free reign in adding my own imagination to the reading experience. A Hint Of Frost does that. The absence of the descriptions make me believe that I'm sort of creating my own unique interpretation of the world, I can "see" the houses and animals as big or as small as I want, color them however I want. It's like reading a one of a kind story, something only I see.The thing that made me love this book even more were the very, very unique names, titles and words. I find it so refreshing when I hear a name and I know exactly who I'm supposed to be talking about. You can find millions of Edwards, Erics, Marissas and all that, but how many Lourdes-es have you encountered? Or who else has the word Araneae in their works? It's these types of little things that make me remember a book for a long time after I've finished reading it.The characters are very interesting too. I loved them all and I can't wait to meet them again. I could say more about them, but I think I'll let you discover them by yourselves. Suffice to say that you'll meet a lot of fascinating characters, from the wise old man, to the young woman who's supposed to be a leader at a very tender age, from the silent man, to the most talkative. I for one had fun meeting them all :)I could go on and on, but I'll stop here, or else I'm sure I'll give away some spoilers. If you love fantasy, paranormal romance, new worlds and if you're searching for something fresh and new, try this book.