rubysbooks

Lies Beneath
Anne Greenwood Brown
Dark Passage
M.L. Woolley
Death Turns a Trick (A Rebecca Schwartz Mystery)
Julie Smith

Invincible (Chronicles of Nick Series #2)

Invincible - Sherrilyn Kenyon The second installment of the Chronicles of Nick series is just as good as the first one, Infinity. Invincible continues the story of Nick Gautier's teenage years with a little glimpse in the future. You get to spend one more day with fun, sarcastic Nick and his new friends. I love this Nick, the Nick we got to meet in the beginning of the Dark Hunter series, right before his death, before his anger and his need to punish the one person he trusted most changed him. Nick isn't the type of teenager that fits in or the one who could be invisible. You can't pretend he's not there. I think he's the perfect mixture between the fun, easygoing guy and the smartest kid in the class. Because, let's face it, Nick is very smart, even though he doesn't always use his head. I also love the relationship he has with his mother and how even though he's not very proud of her job, he's proud that he's her son and she defends her every chance he gets. And you can see it's genuine, he's not doing it for show or to get something out of it. Like in the first book, he'd rather wear a weird-looking T-shirt at school and take all the mockery his classmates throw at him, than see her mother suffer because he refuses to wear it.I think this book helped me understand the first book better. For those of you who've read the Dark Hunter series, you know that in Infinity Nick meets a character he's not supposed to meet yet. That was very confusing for me at first, but then the little glimpse in the future we get in this book helped me understand that this series is not only a story of how Nick became a Squire, but it's more a series about redeeming yourself and about the changes you would make if you could turn back and how that would affect you. I just wished I'd caught on earlier :PI also love the fact that we get to meet some of the characters and how they were before the Dark Hunter series. We get to see more of their backgrounds and how they got to be what they are in the Dark Hunter world . We get to see Kyrian again, which is always a pleasure. We also see Ash in his "mysterious" days, back when his story wasn't yet told and when the mystery surrounding him was getting bigger and bigger with every book. And we get inside the Sanctuary and meet the Peltiers. I do hope we get to see more of them in the following books.And the new characters are awesome. I loved Bubba! He sounds like a computer tech I could probably have a real conversation with about why my computer is damaged and not look at him with a blank look on my face while he's explaining me technical stuff.There is one thing that I'm hoping to change about Nick's life, a character's future. I can't say much, because it would be a major spoiler for those who haven't read the Dark Hunter books. But I'm hoping that Ambrose will help change that certain character's course.I don't think I can say a bad thing about this book. There's nothing I didn't like. Maybe just the fact that I had to wait that long to read it, but in the end I think it was worth it.