rubysbooks

Lies Beneath
Anne Greenwood Brown
Dark Passage
M.L. Woolley
Death Turns a Trick (A Rebecca Schwartz Mystery)
Julie Smith

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (Harry Potter #1)

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone  - J.K. Rowling, Jim  Dale I read this book after a good friend of mine went to see the movie. I remember he kept talking on and on about the story, about how good the movie was and how good the first four books were and how he was anxiously waiting for the fifth. After about two weeks of non-stop talking about Harry Potter, I finally caved in, and asked him to lend me the movie. The next day he came to school and gave me the video cassette and saying "You'll love it". And I did. How could I not? It had the power to keep you in that fantastic world where you can be a child forever, where everything has a solution and where good always wins. I went to school on Monday and begged him to lend me the first book and with every page I read, I loved the story more and more.Ten years later, the book still has that power over me, to make me feel like a kid again and wish I too received a special letter from a secret school. What I love most about these books is that with every read, you discover new things, things you missed the previous time you read them.This book isn't my favorite in the series, but it's an awesome start. I can't name everything I loved about the book, because I'd just have to copy the entire book. I can say I liked the idea of a secret room and a mirror that showed you what you most wanted. I also loved the friendship that Harry, Ron and Hermione have, a friendship that eventually lasts forever.Like every other Potter fan, I hope that in the future J.K Rowling will give us a sort of an update, little tidbits of what "the boy who lived" and his two best friends are doing after Voldemort died. If it doesn't come to that, though, I'll be a happy reader as well, because re-reading the books doesn't change their charm and their magic.