rubysbooks

Lies Beneath
Anne Greenwood Brown
Dark Passage
M.L. Woolley
Death Turns a Trick (A Rebecca Schwartz Mystery)
Julie Smith

MILA 2.0

MILA 2.0 - Originally published at Ruby's BooksOh man, oh man, oh man! I have to say, when I received this galley a few days ago, I didn't expect to love the book as much as I did. I already told you that I love the cover. The idea of a girl disintegrating into tens of tiny puzzle pieces is brilliant. Once you read the book you realize that Mila really is a puzzle.The book started a little slow, yet it was Mila herself that kept me glued to the screen of my reader. Not remembering certain details from before the fire that took her father's life, her mother not answering her questions, her new friends, everything was a huge mystery and it all made me want to know more. And then there's the new boy in town, who I actually believed for a moment he was someone completely different than what he claimed. Once Mila finds out the truth and her world crashes down around her, the pace picks up and you get anything that you could expect: suspense, conspiracies, secret government organizations, trained fighters and more. Oh, and there's drama. You can't have a book like this without a thread of drama. The ending was a little predictable, even though I kept hoping that maybe some things wouldn't happen. Even so, I am completely in love with this character and with the world.One thing I need to mention. Looking beyond the fact that Mila is an android, I loved how the author made her be different but human at the same time. Yes, she's very strong and smart and she has a lot of super cool abilities, but she also has the regular teenage doubts that we all know (and hate). I think this is perfect for a debut novel and I am definitely going to read the next books in this series. So if you want to read about androids, go get this book when it's released.